Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

Super Island Song

 In Te Ngahere the year 6’s went to Urupukapuka. We were trying to bring back all the native birds and kill all the pests. We had to get at school at least under 8:30 because that is when we were going to leave. We had to walk all the way to the wharf and hop on a big boat. We brought things like plants and trap pieces and almost everyone had a job but I didn’t. Before we went on the boat our bags had to get cheeked incase we were hiding any rats or pests. When we got on the boat we got given a clipboard a activity book and a pen or pencil. We also had to look out for some different animals flying over the sea. I sat with one of my best friends Jesse. We looked out the window of the boat and we saw some stingrays. We stopped at one island and we saw some baby birds. Then we moved on. When we got to the island we sat down and had morning tea. After that we had to split into 2 groups. My group was gardening we had to go and take the most EXHAUSTING walk up a BIG hill and over a fence. We also had to bring some plants with us.  We went to a place where we had to do the gardening. We had to dig Up the grass and then dig a big hole in the dirt and put the plant in then we had to cover the plant and say a prayer it was pretty fun.Then we had to go back. Lucky we didn’t have to go up the hill we took a nice walk up a track. In the track we saw one fantail and TWO SADDLEBACKS they’re my favorite bird. We all had to carry something and I carried a spayde. When we got back we switched activities. This time we were making rat traps. We had to get in groups of three. We had a screwdriver a bunch of screws and a few pieces of traps. When we built it we had to design it. After that we had a check at a house we saw dogs and a bird house. When we got back we had to leave. We also saw some snapper. We hoped on the boat and left when we left we saw some Bottlenose Dolphins.


Have you been to Urupukapuka?  


4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Aaron it’s Alexander from your class. I really like your post about the Project Island Song. I liked the way you felt when you were walking up the hill. I liked the way you described your story and I enjoyed reading it. Sadly I was sick on the day we went so I couldn’t go to the Project Island Song.
    You could of said how you felt on the boat going there and back.
    What did you learn throughout this activity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Aaron,Kedjron here. I like the way you explained everything about your Project island song and saving the birds.Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Aaron It's me Mikaira from your class. I like how you introduced everything we brought and “nearly” everything we did. I also Liked Project Island Song because it is fun. I noticed that you did not introduce the island we went to Urupukapuka so maybe next time add where we went? What was your favorite activity?

    ReplyDelete